top of page

U.S. Citizens May Now Return to the U.S. on Expired U.S. Passports

US Passport and immigration attorney services

Starting on May 21, 2021, a United States citizen will be able to return to the U.S. on an expired U.S. passport, if they:

  • are currently abroad seeking to return to the United States;

  • are flying directly to the U.S., a U.S. territory, or have only short-term transit (connecting flight) through a foreign country on their return to the U.S. or to a U.S. territory;

  • have an expired passport that was originally valid for 10 years (or 5 years if the individual was 15 years of age or under when the passport was issued); and

  • have an expired passport that is undamaged and in their possession.

This policy will be in effect through December 31, 2021.

Have an Immigration Question? Need Immigration Attorney help?

Call Immigration Law Firm ROTHFELDER STERN, LLC in Trenton, NJ

Phone: (609) 394-1000

Immigration Attorney Office: 407 Greenwood Ave., #301 Trenton, NJ 08609

25 views0 comments


bottom of page